Maintenance Management Level 1
Introduction to Maintenance Management (2-days)
Some of what you will learn:
- Ways to cut the cost of your repairs by teaching planning techniques to your
- How to insure uptime with Reliability Centered Maintenance and how to use work sheets
- How to use 3 TLC techniques to slash breakdown
- Specific techniques for Maintenance in the 21st Century
- 16 reasons to outsource. Choosing and using contractors (as a competitive advantage)
- In-sourcing and TPM: what is it, how and when to do it, and who to do it with
- How to use the CMMS to help manage operator centered maintenance activity
- Maintenance budgeting and effective financial modeling
- When outside contracts are indicated and how to select them
- How to compute the optimum intervals for component replacements and other preventive/predictive maintenance efforts
This introductory course is based on the popular text The Handbook of Maintenance Management.
Program includes a 25 page spiral bound work book
Course Agenda Day 1
- Strategic Assessment of Maintenance Operations
- How to examine your current state of maintenance operations?
- How to find dominant maintenance operations patterns?
- What are the tools for evaluating the importance and consequence of maintenance patterns?
- How do assets deteriorate?
- Improving Maintenance Reliability -the keystone to maintenance excellence
- How to improve maintenance reliability through Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) techniques?
- What is the step-by-step approach to RCM?
- PM (Preventive Maintenance)
- What is preventive maintenance – really?
- How to install and run a preventive maintenance system that meets your requirements and improves overall reliability?
- How to configure PM to be the most effective in high uptime and lowest cost?
- How to use TLC (Tighten, Lubricate, Clean) to minimize breakdowns (75% of breakdowns are from defects in these areas)?
- Predictive Maintenance, Conditioned-Based Maintenance Techniques
- What are the four major predictive maintenance techniques?
- How does predictive maintenance and technology "foresee” future maintenance requirements?
- How to use predictive maintenance to minimize usage of resources?
- What are the practical predictive maintenance tools and how to use them?
- How to use statistics to improve maintenance operations?
Course Agenda Day 2
- Maintenance In-sourcing
- How, why, when and where to build internal partnerships with other departments?
- How to apply the state-of-the-art "Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)” strategies and techniques?
- Working with Vendors
- How to apply common sense strategies for working together with vendors (contracting, stock room, vendor partnership and buying maintenance parts)?
- What are the strategies for building "win-win” long-term relationships?
- How to analyze and evaluate suppliers across several categories?
- Maintenance Economic analysis and Quality Improvement
- How to evaluate your quality improvements?
- How to align maintenance quality improvement with overall organizational quality goals and objectives?
- How to analyze maintenance alternatives
- Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- How to leverage on technology to make maintenance more responsive and effective?
- How to make the CMMS work for you instead of you working for it!
- How to implement a competent, performance improving computer maintenance management system?
- Maintenance Planning Coordination and Scheduling
- Why is planning for maintenance operations so important?
- How to add 50% to the size of your crew without hiring anyone.
- How to incorporate proper planning into your maintenance function?
- What are the step-by-step guidelines for integrating maintenance planning and scheduling with building’s usage, fleet schedules and production schedules?
- Bench marking
- What are benchmarks?
- What are the specific formulas, performance measures and techniques?
- How do you stack up?
- Putting it All to Work
- What are the specific steps you need to take to make this seminar work for you?
- How to apply your new skills to specific situations?
- What are the resources you should gather and maintain to ensure effective maintenance operations?